This position is expected to improve current processes and technologies and/or introduce new technologies, equipment, processes, techniques and materials which improve the quality, reduce the variation and improve the flow of material/information utilizing Lean principles to reduce the cost of products. Management may assign additional duties as needed
- Will analyze statistical data and product specifications to establish quality and reliability objectives of finished product
- Will analyze processes and systems utilizing Lean and Six Sigma tools
- Will confer with equipment manufacturers, floor technicians, engineer and continuous process improvement staff and management regarding procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities and project status
- Will conduct root cause analysis utilizing Lean and Six Sigma tools as needed to investigate systemic issues and develop corrective actions for process related concerns
- Will recommend methods for improving utilization of employees, materials and processes based on data analysis
ACCEPTABLE EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Textile, Chemical, Industrial Engineering or related engineering field from an Accredited College or University
- Previous experience in manufacturing engineering preferred.Experience in a textile operation preferred
- Successfully demonstrated experience with solving complex quality problems using the Six Sigma/DMAIC methodology
- Strong background in statistics
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing
- Familiar with Minitab statistical software
For more information on this job, visit https://www.onetonline.org and search "17-2199.04"
Phifer Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or veteran status.